[tex-live] Ruby interpreter for Windows in the TeXLive distribution?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 30 11:44:58 CEST 2006

Hans Hagen wrote:
>> "Under the GPL" implies that we'd also need to provide the
>> corresponding source code or a written offer.
>>

> so a pointer to source code would be enough, and maybe even:
>
> google for "ruby source code download"

No. The considered legal view is that this
is not sufficient to meet the terms of the licence.
To comply with the GPL, we must offer to
supply the source code to the recipient
directly, for the exact version of Ruby which
we supply.  A vague "go google for the source
if you want" could have the FSF after us.

--
Sebastian Rahtz

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk