[tex-live] Perl for Windows

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Wed Jun 21 17:30:05 CEST 2006

* Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk> writes:

    > Fabrice Popineau wrote:
    >> Anyway, the Windows slot is perfectly filled by MiKTeX and there
    >> are certainly much more MiKTeX users ... than
    >> teTeX/TeXLive/whatever web2c based users.

    > and the evidence for this statement is where, exactly......?

There is no evidence ... just looking around me and also probing the TeX

Also the activity on sourceforge seems quite high:
http://sourceforge.net/project/stats/?group_id=10783&ugn=miktex

Don't know if we can rely on it. 2000 downloads per day seems very
high.

Not all universities labs in the world are filled with Linux PCs
... Here in France the Windows market share is high even in
universities.

Also, from my experience, Linux is not well implemented outside of
some kind of cs/maths/sci departments. Other people having other
requirements do use TeX also.

--
Fabrice