[tex-live] Editors for Windows

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Wed Jun 21 17:14:01 CEST 2006

Juergen Fenn <juergen.fenn at GMX.DE> writes:

> Fabrice Popineau <Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr> writes:
>
>> And anyway, Windows has not been designed for developpers. If you want
>> a decent editor, there are many available.
>
> Which brings me to a question I always wanted to ask: Could you please
> ship the latest NTEmacs with AUCTeX pre-installed with the next
> version of TeXLive? As it used to be with earlier versions of TL.

It was?  I was of the opinion that the shipped stuff was from XemTeX
and used XEmacs rather than NTEmacs.

> Would be of great help for Windows users without broadband access.

It might be a reasonable idea to use the CVS Emacs executable with
AUCTeX that is available from <URL:ftp://alpha.gnu.org/pub/gnu>,
either in addition to the previous shipping of XEmacs, or replacing
it.  I am not sure whether XEmacs provides compelling value if the
delivered port is not selected and prepared for TeX users like it had
been previously done by Fabrice.