[tex-live] Perl for Windows

Zdenek Wagner wagner at cesnet.cz
Tue Jun 20 11:24:43 CEST 2006

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 gnwiii at gmail.com wrote:

> 1) don't break a user's existing tools unless the user agrees

Yes, this is important. OS/2 has its own hostname with slightly different
format of output than GNU hostname. If it is parsed by another tool, it is
important to use the correct version. There are also different versions
GNU utilities. I need one version for running TeX but this version does
not work with cvs, so that I run TeX from scripts which temporarily
prepend the correct directory to PATH and set the DLL directory to
BEGINLIBPATH.

Zdenek Wagner
e-mail: wagner at cesnet.cz

see also http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/