[tex-live] Ghostscript is now GPL

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Jun 19 15:07:38 CEST 2006

Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> writes:

> They've always released both AFPL and GPL versions in the past.  I think
> this is simply following suit (ie, the GPL version is released later than
> that the AFPL edition).

It is differnt this time. There used to be something like a one year
delay between the AFPL and the corresponding GPL version. This time

AFPL 8.54 26 May 2006
 GPL 8.54  2 Jun 2006

See <URL:http://www.ghostscript.com/article/71.html>

Besides this, there isn't much on ghostscript.com. However, accoring to
Raph Levien's diary¹, they really want to make the GPL version 'leading
edge' and try to get ESP GS merged. It this works out in the end, this
sure will be a good thing.

cheerio
ralf

1 <URL:http://advogato.org/person/raph/diary.html?start=411>