[tex-live] Perl for Windows

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Jun 19 12:12:23 CEST 2006

David Kastrup wrote:
> I mean, get real.  This sort of stuff is supposed to be the outcome of
> usability labs?  KDE or GNOME would get drowned in ridicule for such
> antics.

this is a pointless discussion; i never had the problems that you
mentioned; on the other hand, i always have problems with kde/gnome when
i occasionally have to use linux; (my prefered editor, scite, works
flawwless on windows, but craches frequently on linux so maybe after all
the windows gui lib is not that bad -)
> No, a lot of things are quite inconvenient under Windows by design.
> And I don't understand why they keep them time and again, or even make
> them worse.

hm, if windows's design is so bad, then why do so many linux gui things try to mimick it ... (or the macs); (btw, you don't want to know how often i can get x windows to crash, the whole point in such things is that one, once one is accustomed to a system, intuitively gets to know what to avoid / not use), but, as said, it's a pointless discussion and a matter of taste, we could as well be talking about music .. are the musical capabilities of your prefered performers better than mine?

btw. isn't the nice thing that, because tex is portable, one can choose whatever os is around? discussions about os, editor and everything else that is needed are always related to personal taste; actually, it would be more fun if we had some 50 operating systems)

Hans

(who uses both win and lin and mac depending on what he likes best for what situation)

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE