[tex-live] Perl for Windows

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Jun 17 01:53:06 CEST 2006

  > Am Freitag, 16. Juni 2006 14:56 schrieb Zdenek Wagner:
  >> If you wish to convert EPS images to PDF for use with pdftex via
  >> epstopdf, you need perl

  > or the existing epstopdf.exe for windows users without perl.

Which epstopdf.exe?  CTAN://tex-archive/support/epstopdf/epstopdf.c ?

I sent a bug report to the author a few years ago but did not get any
response.  The last three bugfixes applied to epstopdf are missing,
hence I cannot recommend it as a replacement for the Perl version.

There is no license information.  He says that it is a translation of
Sebastian's program, so it seems that he wants to have it under
Sebastian's license, but my experience is that programs which do not
come with a clear license always cause bellyache.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25