[tex-live] Using LM instead of CM

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Jun 14 11:19:39 CEST 2006

Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> writes:

>   > replacing cm by lm happens (in the case of e.g. aer) in the map
>   > files so in practice there should be no problems;
>
> Are the metrics of cm and lm the same?

I haven't redone my analysis from
<URL:http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2006-June/010431.html> on this
for v1.00, but no one has questioned these statements even though they
knew that v1.00 existed at that time. So I don't expect a lot of changes
wrt to this an stand by my conclusions from there:

,----
| The problems shown above are less severe than those shown for the
| EC->LM replacement. But the potential gain is also smaller, since bsr,
| cs, pl, and vnr fonts together bring in less than 10M of PFB files. And
| at least for bsr, only a part can be replaced by LM.
`----

cheerio
ralf