[tex-live] Proposal for collection reorganization

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 5 00:34:47 CEST 2006

    What do we need the collection-pdfetex for? It does *not* contain the
    pdfetex binary, but only pdf related stuff:

A number of other collections depend on it: collection-context,
-htmlxml, -langczechslovak, -latex.  And scheme-full, scheme-gust,
-gutenberg, -medium, -xml.

I don't know what to make of it all.  In particular it does seem
right for collection-context to depend on something that includes a
bunch of latex packages.

In general, your changes seem fine to me too.  Do you want to start
making some of of less far-reaching ones now, or have me do it, or?

As far as ufplm.fd goes, the question is, where does that file originate
= where is it maintained?  Psnfss, right?  Then yes, it would be
desirable to remove it from mathpazo.  I'll look at that.

Thanks,
karl