[tex-live] teTeX: no next release

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jun 1 21:01:57 CEST 2006

    Some packages on CTAN already follow an alternative approach:  They do
    not put their files directly into CTAN://macros/latex/contrib/foo/ (or
    wherever), but instead into a mini-TEXMF tree rooted at foo/.

Yes, sure, and that is fine (and easy for TL).  It makes sense for big
packages.  But the vast majority of packages do not do that -- and in
fact it would be way overkill for (say) standard latex packages.

I guess I will try to put together a more concrete proposal, and we can
see if any package authors feel like following it, and go from there.