[tex-live] OK to update freetype2 source in TL?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jul 12 00:17:03 CEST 2006

    So I'd suggest that we update to unmodified freetype-2.2.1 sources,

I agree.  I know you know this, but I'll say it anyway -- please try a
Build of everything before committing, just in case :).

    and add the files required to build in the tex-live context -- I
    presume that means the existing Windows-related .mak and .rc files.

What actually needs freetype2?  Akira, do the Windows binaries that you
build use freetype2?  I'm wondering if those TL-specific Windows files
are really needed, given that freetype2 has Windows support already.

    OK?

Yes, please go for it, and thanks.

karl