[tex-live] Alternative to .iso?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jul 8 02:05:39 CEST 2006

    Here are rpath we would like to automate the process of downloading and
    installing the texlive content

Cool, glad you're interested.

    To mount an .iso file requires root privileges

I certainly might be wrong, but I was under the impression you could
create an fstab entry that allowed non-root to do a mount.  I've never
actually done it for an iso, though.

    Is the texlive content available as a .tar.gz or .tar.bz2 archive?  Or
    is there another option I have overlooked?

If you want the last released version, Reinhard's wget suggestion will work.

You can also use rsync,
for either the last release (rsync tug.org::texlive-Contents)
or the current sources (rsync tug.org::tldevsrc).

Hope this helps.

Karl