[tex-live] Alternative to .iso?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Jul 8 00:32:07 CEST 2006

  > Here are rpath we would like to automate the process of
  > downloading and installing the texlive content, as we do with most
  > other packages.  The only format I can see available on the
  > texlive page is .iso, or various compressed forms thereof.  To
  > mount an .iso file requires root privileges, which hinders
  > automation.

  > Is the texlive content available as a .tar.gz or .tar.bz2 archive?
  > Or is there another option I have overlooked?

  wget -r http://tug.org/ftp/texlive/Contents/inst

This is the content of the install CD.  Run this command in a
temporary directory and execute install-tl.sh .

install-tl.sh is an interactive tool, that's probably not exactly what
you want.  But maybe it is sufficient to unzip all files in the
archive directory.
Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25