[tex-live] UNIX concepts (was: 'Lost' TeXLive after reboot)

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Feb 7 03:14:09 CET 2006

Hi,
can anyone point me to online documentation describing how UNIX
processes work (explaining environments, scope of shell variables, why
you have to export some variables, ...)
which is written for people who are not necessarily computer
scientists?

As I said before, I looked at LDP, but I think that everything there
is too Bash-/Linux-specific.

Quite off-topic but quite helpful, though.  (see the thread "'Lost'
TeXLive after reboot")

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25