[tex-live] 'Lost' TeXLive after reboot

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Feb 5 00:58:02 CET 2006

  > TeXLive runs after entering
  > 'PATH=/usr/local/texlive/2005/bin/i386- linux:$PATH; export PATH'
  > in terminal.  So my question is: what am I doing wrong and what do
  > I have to do to get TeXLive running?

~/.profile is executed only when the shell is a login shell, otherwise
~/.bashrc is executed.

Fortunately ~/.profile executes ~/.bashrc,

  >   if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
  >   . ~/.bashrc
  >   fi

(there is no manpage for ".", try "help ." without the quotes.)

so it's better to set the PATH in ~/.bashrc because this will be
executed whenever you start a new shell.

For a system-wide installation look for a file /etc/bashrc or
/etc/bash/bashrc.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25