[tex-live] pdftex 1.40

gnwiii at gmail.com gnwiii at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 14:07:06 CET 2006

On 12/31/06, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:

> 2006/12/31, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de>:
>
> > The changes for pdftex 1.40 are
> > - a new library lib/obsdcompat, which is used by the sources in
> > pdftexdir, and has it's own configure
> > - pdfetex is gone, so the switches for that are not needed anymore
>
> Oh, and I poked at this with the help of Thomas Esser, and got it
> working for the pdftex-rcs, but it probably broke a bit when I
> integrated it manually into TL.

For the record, lib/obsdcompat is from openssh 4.3, from which pdftex
inherits a problem with configure's test for strsep when using C99
(strsep is not in C99, but somehow shows up when using  "gcc -std=c99"
anyway).

The configure in libs/obsdcompat doesn't find strsep, but the compile
fails, at least for i386, apparently because "gcc -std=c99" provides
an inlined version.   Google "folklore" is to edit config.h to change
"#undef HAVE_STRSEP" to "#define HAVE_STRSEP 1".

<http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-c99.html>
says: "Peter Seebach has been a member of the ISO C standards
committee since late 1996. He is only a little bitter that strsep()
didn't make it into C99, and tends to use it anyway out of spite."

I reported the problem to the openssh people, but I don't think anyone
followed up.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia