[tex-live] installing a test image and running tex

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Dec 29 17:37:19 CET 2006

Installing a test image (using a non-interactive install command) and
running tex went smoothly on a PowerPC G5 with pdflatex, latex,
context, bibtex, metapost, makeindex, xelatex. However, I noticed
that xelatex couldn't be called from pdftex with parse first line

%&xelatex

instead I had to use a specific shell script calling xelatex. It
would be nice, if xelatex and xetex could be called by parse first line.

Claus