[tex-live] downloading the texlive test-images

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Dec 29 06:44:54 CET 2006

  > Hi Claus, downloading it from ftp://tug.org/texlive/Images/test
  > the attempt failed, apparently because the access is restricted.

  > There are no access restrictions on the tug end.  At any rate, try
  > this direct url:
  > ftp://tug.org/texlive/Images/test/texlivetest-live.iso.bz2

You can also try wget.  It happened to me more than once that I
downloaded files successfully using wget while my web browser claimed
that the server is down.

If you are on Linux you certainly have wget installed already.
There is a wget binary for Windows:

      http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/

Put wget.exe to a directory which is in PATH, probably c:\Program Files\.

Run on the command line:

   wget ftp://tug.org/texlive/Images/test/texlivetest-live.iso.bz2

Let me say it again:  I downloaded *many* files using wget while web
browsers claimed that the files do not exist or the server is down.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25