[tex-live] pdftex 1.40

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Thu Dec 28 11:29:44 CET 2006

"KB" == Karl Berry writes:

 KB> Can't imagine how else they are showing up.

this thread is confusing. Karl has removed these altpdf* binaries a
while ago. Reinhard wrote:

> It seems that something is missing.  If I compile it now I also get
> 237 files but a previous build provided 273 files.

> The missing files are:
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 reinhard users       9 Dec  7 23:13 altpdfaleph -> altpdftex
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 reinhard users       9 Dec  7 23:13 altpdfamstex -> altpdftex
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 reinhard users       9 Dec  7 23:13 altpdfcont-en -> altpdftex
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 reinhard users       9 Dec  7 23:13 altpdfcont-nl -> altpdftex
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 reinhard users       9 Dec  7 23:13 altpdfetex -> altpdftex
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 reinhard users       9 Dec  7 23:13 altpdflambda -> altpdftex
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 reinhard users       9 Dec  7 23:13 altpdflatex -> altpdftex
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 reinhard users       9 Dec  7 23:13 altpdfomega -> altpdftex
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 reinhard users     178 Dec  7 23:13 altpdftex

note the phrase "The missing files are:" - so Reinhard is comparing
current build with his old build. the altpdf* scripts do not (as far
as i understand) appear in his current build.

therefore Hans' reply was unneeded, cust confusing the matters.

and Reinhard's fmtutil.cnf should be current too. these altpdf*
scripts never have ever been handled by fmtutil.

Best,
v.