[tex-live] test Images by ftp

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez artemiog at mac.com
Mon Dec 25 21:07:09 CET 2006

Karl Berry wrote:
> Hello Artemio,
>
>     Initializing collections... install-tl.sh: line 1:
>     P_@=collection_texinfo: command not found
>
> Now I see it.  Turns out it comes from line 100, for some reason.  Sorry
> to suspect the download.
>
> Although I got rid of this error, just for everyone's info, the real
> problem is, depressingly enough, that there are more collections than
> characters in shell identifiers [a-zA-Z0-9_].  So right now the last
> couple collections cannot be individually selected.
>
> Short of rewriting the entire install mechanism, which is obviously not
> going to happen now, the only other workaround I can think of is to set
> up another "subseries" of collections, similar to the "lang" collections
> now.  The documentation collections are the obvious choice.  I don't
> know if I will get to it.
>
> Thanks,
> karl

Karl,

I tried your 20061225 (inst) image, and now the problem with the
collections is gone. Installation finishes one install-tl.sh is run as
follows:

sudo -H sh install-tl

(I am not sure if, as before, installation doesn't end when sudo is
called without the -H option). However, a number of important utilities,
like texconfig, texconfig-sys, fmtutil, and fmtutil-sys don't work,
i.e., when invoked they do nothing and produce no output, till they are
killed. Is anybody else having the same problems? (I am running Mac OS X
10.4.8 on an old iMac G5.) Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Artemio