[tex-live] TL and Win32 (2)

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Tue Dec 19 04:11:18 CET 2006

Hi Staszek,

> I deleted windvi stuff from TL depo as not maintained anymore :(
> Though windvi can still work with bitmap (pk) fonts, there's always
> problem with cooperation with Ghostscript (type1 fonts, graphics), etc.

I have very old windvi (0.67.2) and it works fine on W32TeX with
pk fonts and type1 fonts. For type1 fonts, ps2pk or gsftopk
with Ghostscript work fine to create pk fonts.
You said that mktexpk became to work, so I believe that
windvi is still usable as a dvi text previewer.
For graphics, users will use dvips - gsview etc.

Thanks,
Akira