[tex-live] TeX Live 2006 binaries attempt

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Dec 6 03:05:26 CET 2006

I just finished (as far as I know) updating the source for various
utilities in TeX Live today.

So I'd like to request all the binary builders (Tigran, Gerben, Norbert,
Manfred, Sebastian, Olaf, Vladimir, Apostolos, Ludger, David, Tim --
bcc'ing some of you in case you're wondering) to attempt a build from
the current sources.  If you don't already have them, you can retrieve
them by rsync or anonymous svn, see http://tug.org/texlive/svn.

Please report problems here, or send me (url's to) tgz's if success.  Or
feel free to check in the new binaries yourself (I will give you svn
write access if need be, of course).  On the other hand, if you don't
remember what architecture you were building, or know you won't have
time/interest to be able to do the compiles this year, please let me
know ASAP.

What is included: XeTeX and accompanying libraries, metapost update,
assorted utilities.

What's not included: the still-coming pdftex update.  I hope it will be
there soon.  This and a relatively minor update to XeTeX are the only
outstanding items (for the binaries) that I know of.

Especially because of xetex and the libraries, it will be very useful to
try a build now, even though it won't be the final one, to find any
problems.

Thanks,
Karl