[tex-live] svn update killed

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Apr 28 21:00:34 CEST 2006

    Build/cdbuild/logs/svnlog begins like this:

I don't think parsing svnlog is the thing to do.  As I said, I only
update that once a day.  It could be done more often, but no matter how
often, it would still be asynchronous.

Instead, I think we can the svn tools directly to get what Staszek
wants.  In particular, svnlook youngest REPOS prints the latest revision
number.  svnlook -r REV dirs-changed REPOS reports directories changed
in any given revision.  I forget the command to print the revision in
the current repo, but I know there is one.  Given all that, it seems
like it should be relatively easy to report all dirs changed since the
last update?

Unfortunately it seems svnlook does not take ranges, but maybe I'm not
specifying it right.  Or maybe svn log or svn list does and can provide
the equivalent info.  Just need to take some time reading to see what
can be done easily.

I'm confident that this particular problem can be scripted.  What
worries me more is a 20-minute update time, and the update being
randomly killed (perhaps the two are related).  It should not take 20
minutes to update even the entire hier ... can anyone volunteer to try
tests on Staszek's machine and try to glean any insights?  (Assuming S
does not mind!)

Thanks,
Karl