[tex-live] Re: win32 install [was: Oops, forgot...]

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Tue Sep 27 20:28:29 CEST 2005

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, George White wrote:

> [...]
> My install experience was much the same as yours, and my log file is
> essentially the same.  I changed the default install directory to
> c:\tl2005.0923, but noticed that this change was not carried thru to
> some later menus, which still expected to find files in c:\TeX.

It works now, as soon as the system knows TLRoot variable.

> [...] Does WinEdt have TeX Live support?

I don't know, but I think that TeX programs should be found
by the editor along the *current* PATH.

> There is a conflict with XemTeX, which somehow finds
>   c:\Documents and Settings\<user>\.texlive2005

We use now somehow optimised configuration, e.g. don't put config
files into $HOME

> I'm able to use pdftex and pdflatex, but there was a version conflict
> with ghostscript (I have gs8.51 installed) with one of the font generation
> commands.  I just replaced all the TeX Live gs bits with the 8.51 versions.

Now you can deselect the installation of gs and/or perl if you have it
already installed. The next tlpmgui revision (this night :-) will not set
variables for them as well.

> Font yrcmex10 at 600 not found
> The map file is:
> ..texmf-dist\fonts\map\dvips\yhmath\yhmath.map:
> yhcmex10 TeX-yhcmex10 <TeX-yhcmex10.pfb
> Should this be:
> yrcmex10 TeX-yhcmex10 <TeX-yhcmex10.pfb

No, this package seems to be broken (also on CTAN!, so sorry),
we have yhcmex10.mf|tfm|pfb but only yrcmex10.tfm, without .mf
and .pfb

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl