[tex-live] Grrr... what has happened with lambda/lamed, antomega and ushyphen.tex???

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Mon Sep 26 00:34:42 CEST 2005

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005, Norbert Preining wrote:

> (Staszek, you added the tex/lambda/config/language.dat file #8132, so I
> write to you, too)

I read the list carefully...

> [...]
> And what happens if the user just decides NOT to install
> collection-langspanish and thus eshyph.tex is not present?
> PLEASE: Can we have:
> * either the same language.dat for latex and lambda and lamed
>
> * or, if this is NOT possible, a self contained collection-omega so that
>   if I install collection-omega (thus, aleph, lamed etc) the format
>   generation is not bound to break immediately!

tex/lambda/config/language.dat belongs to lambda package.
Yes, you are right that that file was completelly messy. Thanks for
pointing that. I borowed it from teTeX 3.0. Now I've just corrected that
file for TL2005, added some comments, added 16-bit patterns but blocked
every language except hyphen.tex, so lambda (or antomega) users can
select/modify what they really want. Anyway, we still need that file
for engines like omega.
It is really anoying and time consuming task to repair such badly
maintained stuff...

Ps1. Karl, are my comments OK for you?
Ps2. Norbert, you can revert your patch for Debian, I think.

All the best,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl