[tex-live] Grrr... what has happened with lambda/lamed, antomega and ushyphen.tex???

Alexej Kryukov akrioukov at newmail.ru
Sun Sep 25 20:35:12 CEST 2005

On Sunday 25 September 2005 21:22, Karl Berry wrote:
>     -english ushyphen.tex
>     +english hyphen.tex
>     -russian         ruhyph.tex
>     +russian         ruhyph16.tex
>
> Sounds right to me, I made the change.

ruhyph16.tex is provided by antomega. You can't include this file
into the default languages.dat for lambda/lamed, if you

-- want to turn antomega into a separate format;
-- don't like to create a 'generic' directory for 16-bit hyphenation
patterns.

On the other hand, the default version of ruhyph.tex (which is
adapted to the T2* encodings) is surely not very usable with omega,
so I don't know why it was listed in languages.dat for lambda.

> Aren't these random fixes to the omega setup pretty hopeless without
> anyone really taking care of it?  How about just saying that omega
> doesn't work unless you install everything?  I can't see that it's
> worth any time on, at this point.

Well, there were already so many random fixes previously, that due
to these fixes omega currenly looks even less usable than John and
Yannis had left it. So I think more fixes are needed just to correct
some results of the previous fixes :) And I would be glad to take
care of omega setup, if nobody else is interested.

--
Regards,
Alexej Kryukov <akrioukov at newmail dot ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty