[tex-live] Antomega format and directory structure again...

Alexej Kryukov akrioukov at newmail.ru
Sun Sep 25 20:14:37 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 20 September 2005 22:52, you wrote:
> > greatly simplify package installation for average users (because
> > only `generic' languages.dat can be edited using most configuration
> > tools, like texconfig.
>
> Neither the name languages.dat nor the location "generic" nor the
> search path is hard-coded into texconfig&friends.

I understand that, and that's why the word 'generic' was quoted in
my message. I just meant that at least some configuration utils
allow to edit only one languages.dat file, namely, one in
tex/generic/config. So, by usign this file (and replacing only
hyphenation patterns) I could make package configuration easier
for average users.

But, anyway, the question about languages.dat was probably the
least important one, and I still would like to know what to do
with other problems I have described.

--
Regards,
Alexej Kryukov <akrioukov at newmail dot ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty