[tex-live] Antomega format and directory structure again...

Alexej Kryukov akrioukov at newmail.ru
Sun Sep 25 20:08:28 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 06:12, you wrote:

> To conclude, the best way is to make separate antomega format, I
> think.

Just remember that at least 2 formats are needed, since there are
2 more or less compatible compilers.

> Ps. Alexej, would you please sending me any example for antomega?
>
> Thanks,

OK, I have spent a few hours preparing a more or less complete
test document. Note that it doesn't demonstrate all features
provided by antomega, because I had to typeset it with the omlgc
font (imperfect, but available in all distributions). Better
results could be achieved with cm-lgc (which however also lacks
some useful characters).

Also, even in this file not everything works as expected,
because preparing it allowed me to find some bugs in antomega.
These bugs are quite trivial and can be easily fixed in future
versions. Some of them are mentioned in my comments.

Unfortunately, I have noticed some bugs in omega compiler itself, which
I have never seen previously. First, lambda from teTeX 3 always
crashes on any attempt to load a 8-bit virtual font. I am sure
there were no such effects in teTeX 2, because previously I spent
enough time experimenting with 8-bit output (which was always
supported by antomega). Lamed doesn't have this problem. However
there are some situations where both lambda and lamed crash
without any clear reason (i. e. adding a text line at the
beginning causes the compiler crash when processing the very end
of the file). Currently I have no ideas what exactly could cause
this problem.

--
Regards,
Alexej Kryukov <akrioukov at newmail dot ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty