[tex-live] TeXlive for Debian - version 2004.05.09.25-1 soon online

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Sep 25 18:46:26 CEST 2005

Dear friends!

Current Version: 2004.05.09.25-1

A new generation of Debian packages of TeX live are available on the tug
server, as usual
 	http://www.tug.org/texlive/debian.html
and get it at
 	deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ pool/
 	deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ pool/

Important News (for details see below!):

* new numbering scheme (tlversion.yy.mm.dd) where tlversion
  is the last *released* TeX live version and yy.mm.dd is the current
  date. This way we can have regular releases 200N-debrelease and
  additional releases between official TeX live releases.

* I fixed all problems which I found in the last week(s), especially
  problems with fmt generation and different languages.

* New maintainer adress, and email contact point:
  Debian TeX live Maintainers <pkg-texlive-maint at lists.alioth.debian.org>
  if someone wants to help/cooperate you are invited to subscribe to
  this list!!

* reworked the tug website http://www.tug.org/texlive/debian.html

As usual, the log files of the creation process are in
 	http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/log/
The file lintian.log shows that the errors/warnings are getting less.
The two errors now present are rubbish, lintian is stupid on this.

Other thing:
cm-super (now again distributed half sized)
	NEWS: the font files are again under dpkg control, *and* the
	md5sums are correct, *and* the distributed .deb is still only
	half the size. I hacked around the md5sum stuff.
         deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ cm-super/
         deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ cm-super/
texinfo working with tetex 3.0 and texlive:
         deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ texinfo/
         deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ texinfo/

Please give the packages a test if you are running sid.

News from last version:
25.09.2005 NP
  * Change the test for fmtutil-sys --byhyphen to fmtutil-sys --listcfg
    and grep for ^latex.
  * Remove the chmod -x stuff, it breaks execution of various web2c/*
    scripts (mktexupd, tcfmgr, ...)
  * Switch to new numbering scheme (tlversion.yy.mm.dd) where tlversion
    is the last *released* TeX live version and yy.mm.dd is the current
    date. This way we can have regular releases 200N-debrelease and
    additional releases between official TeX live releases.
  * Fix the order of ifs in postrm scripts so that first the existence of
    fmtutil-sys is checked, and then wether the latex fmt is installed.
  * Add myself to the Uploaders field.
  * New source version, including up to perforce change #8177

24.09.2005 NP
  * Forget to remove the "all" from the generated rules file. It does
    not hurt at build time, but I don't like it.
  * add the fmtutil-sys --byhyphen calling check also to the postrm scripts
  * remove x bit from all files under texlive-trees at source packages
    built time

23.09.2005 NP
  * Fix the lang postinst scripts so that fmtutil-sys --byhyphen is only
    called if language.dat is found. This is not the optimal method, but
    the best I can think of ATM.
  * Actually copy source and not source.development from the depot
  * make the architecture parameter to tpm2deb unnecessary and put config
    for this into the tpm2deb.cfg file. Update all the debian/rules files.
  * Change Maintainer to:
    Debian TeX live Maintainers <pkg-texlive-maint at lists.alioth.debian.org>
  * Added some documentation to tpm2deb.pl, and cleaned up the script

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
CHIPPING ONGAR (n.)
The disgust and embarrassment (or 'ongar') felt by an observer in the
presence of a person festooned with kirbies (q.v.) when they don't
know them well enough to tell them to wipe them off, invariably this
'ongar' is accompanied by an involuntary staccato twitching of the leg
(or 'chipping')
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff