[tex-live] [RFC] tpm dependency of collection-lang* on collection-latex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 23 23:20:42 CEST 2005

    In collection-french we have latex packages (aeguill, le)

Then it seems langfrench should depend on LaTeX, but for that reason,
not because it installs hyphenation patterns.  Right?  (Why it installs
those latex packages I do not know, but I'm not inclined to mess.)

If there are other lang* packages which only install hyphenation
patterns but no LaTeX, then they shouldn't depend on LaTeX.

Dependencies are extremely sketchy in general ...

    while in czechslovak and polish we have a dependency
    oncollection-latex? Maybe I miss something special in
    polish/czech/slovak?

Maybe because Staszek actually takes care of collection-polish, while
most other collections simply languish moribund until someone (you, in
this case) notices an inconsistency?