[tex-live] Utopia fonts

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Oct 17 23:36:42 CEST 2005

  >>     I just tried the Fourier fonts but the Utopia pfb files are
  >> missing.

> They are not free.  Modifications are not allowed.

Fourier needs the original fonts.

>From CTAN/tex-archive/fonts/utopia/readme.utopia:

  Permission to use, reproduce, display and distribute the listed
  typefaces is hereby granted, provided that the Adobe Copyright notice
  appears in all whole and partial copies of the software and that the
  following trademark symbol and attribution appear in all unmodified
  copies of the software:

I don't know where this readme comes from, but at least the fonts come
with any Linux distribution (/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/UT*.pfa).

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25