[tex-live] Re: Licenses for TeX packages (tpm)

Frank Küster frank at debian.org
Thu Oct 13 11:43:45 CEST 2005

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> Then I have regenerated the tpm files with license informations and
> created a list of all tpm files (in fact only the ones in texmf-dist)
> together with their license according to the current TeX Catalogue (cvs
> version).

Again, please note that the information in the Catalogue need not be
correct.  Meanwhile, I found the mail I was referring to:

,----
| From: Graham Williams <Graham.Williams at togaware.com>
| Subject: Re: license of suet14.mf, schwell.mf, su-*.mf (was: License of pst-osci?)
| To: Thomas Esser <te at dbs.uni-hannover.de>
| Cc: Frank K?ster <frank at debian.org>, debian-tetex-maint <debian-tetex-maint at lists.debian.org>
| Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:03:20 +1100
| Gnus-Warning: This is a duplicate of message <20050225210320.GA16542 at athene.togaware.com>
|
| Received Sat 26 Feb 2005  4:54am +1100 from Thomas Esser:
| > > statement somewhere; but for the files in the subject, made by
| > > B. Ludewig, or not indicating an author, I don't know of a license
| > > statement.
| >
| > I don't find any information either, except for the TeX Catalogue entries:
| >   http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/entries/schwell.html
| >   http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/entries/sueterlin.html
| > The entries say lppl, but I don't know how reliable that is. Graham?
|
| I have tried to ensure these are reliable. Pre Sarovar changes are not
| captured though so I can't tell when these were recorded as LPPL, so
| without further checking I'm not 100% certain.
|
| Regards,
| Graham
`----

It would be ideal if the Catalogue people could create a list of
"pre-sarovar changes", so that we can verify this information.

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich