[tex-live] pdftex documentation

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Sun Oct 9 22:31:29 CEST 2005

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, Karl Berry wrote:

>     Yes, included in the pdftex distribution on CTAN or sarovar. That
>     covers up to 1.30.x
>
> Ok, I see links on http://www.tug.org/applications/pdftex/ to the -[las]
> pdf files, so I grabbed those, and also pdftex-syntax.txt.
>
> I don't see any updates for these files:
> pdftex-i.tex
> pdftex-t.txt
> pdftex-w.pdf
> pdftex-w.tex
>
> Also, I see sources in the zip file, but no output in the zip file, or
> elsewhere on CTAN.  Am I missing it?  It would be convenient to have it
> there.  wget from sarovar doesn't preserve timestamps (besides being slow).

Yeah, as Karl stated, updating the pdftex documentation is not so
straightforward... As I see, we have on p4 some (perhaps) obsolete
files: pdftex-t.txt, moreover texmf/doc/pdftex/examples/ can be also
removed, as pdftex has something better (I believe) in manual/samplepdf/
(not yet on p4). Martin?

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl