[tex-live] HELP: TeXlive for Debian: How should I solve this problem

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Nov 6 15:39:01 CET 2005

Hi all!

As TeX live 2005 is out I am working on fixing the packages and
everything I can find which could be problematic.

And here is a problem concerning dependencies:
Disclaimer: This is only relevant ot the debian packages.

collection-pdfetx includes the package pdfpages
the Package pdfpages depends on the packages eso-pic
but eso-pic is in collection-latexextra

With the normal TeX live installer this is not a problem, as the
selection *actually* is on the package level. BUt in Debian I have to
define dependencies between packages! And as collection-latex depends on
collection-pdfetex, it is not a good idea to add a dependency from
collection-pdfetex to collection-latexextra :-{

Similar problem:
collection-pdfetex includes texpower
texpower depends on tpslifonts
tpslifonts is in collection-fontsextra

How should I continue with this, any suggestions?
Make a Enhance? Make a Suggest? Ignore the problem and ignore the bug
reports coming in?

2 similar problems were easier to solve:
pstricks depends on pst-uml
pst-uml depends on multido
multido is in generic-recommended
	I let collection-pstricks depend on collection-genericrecommended

collection-latexextra contains beamer
beamer depends on pgf
pgf is in collection-pictures
	I let collection-latexextra depend on collection-pictures

Best wishes

Norbert

in the space-time continuum.'
is he? Is he?'
                 --- Arthur failing in his first lesson of galactic physics
                 --- in four years.