[tex-live] Problem with pdftex/latest p4 sync stuff

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Mar 31 09:41:54 CEST 2005

Hi!

On Mit, 30 Mär 2005, Martin Schröder wrote:
> On 2005-03-30 08:00:39 +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > But why did the printout from pdflatex->acroread really produced bad
> > output, while the latex->dvips->ps2pdf not? (Maybe because dvips/ps2pdf
> > assume a4)
>
> How old is the pdftex you use? Does it still use some pdftex.cfg
> lying around somewhere?

No. But it seems that the dvips uses automatically A4, the two different
pdfs (one via pdflatex, one via dvips-ps2pdf) also contain different
page formats:
pdflatex-version:
	216x280mm
latex-dvips-ps2pdf-version:
	210x297mm (A4)

Interestingly the top margin of the pdflatex version when printed was
*huge*, much too big.

Anyway, it was my stupid error, let's forget about it.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>                 Università di Siena
sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
TOTTERIDGE (n.)
The ridiculous two-inch hunch that people adopt when arriving late for
the theatre in the vain and futile hope that it will minimise either
the embarrassment of the lack of visibility for the rest of the
audience. c.f. hickling.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff