[tex-live] Re: bad PS names in cbgreek Type 1 fonts

Apostolos Syropoulos apostolo at ocean1.ee.duth.gr
Wed Jun 29 11:17:01 CEST 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>  . grmn1000.pfb has Greek glyph names, but many of them don't follow
>    the Adobe Glyph List (AGL).  For example, the lambda glyph is
>    incorrectly called `lamda' (a typo?), or `sigmafinal' has the
>    wrong name `finalsigma'.

There are (at least) two problems: first I do not really know where to
get this AGL, and second there are glyphs included in the CB fonts that
haven't found their way into Unicode (or at least that is what I
remember). For instance, such a glyph is the PiDelta glyph. Now,
since I do not intend to regenerate 850 Type 1 fonts, I am sure it
better to have a subset just like the CM font bundle. Provided I have
solutions to the two problems mentioned above, I will regenerate these
fonts in virtually no time.

A.S.

*Apostolos Syropoulos                                          *
*snail mail: 366, 28th October Str., GR-671 00  Xanthi, HELLAS *
*email     : apostolo at ocean1.ee.duth.gr                        *
*phone num.: +30-2541028704                                    *
*home page : http://obelix.ee.duth.gr/~apostolo                *