[tex-live] Lots of configure files updated.

Olaf Weber olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 29 20:29:29 CEST 2005

The changes I've just checked in touch many files: kpathsea and web2c
are in sync now with my source tree.  One last change I can see there
is a minor mod to kpathsea/NEWS and web2c/NEWS, to include a date for
3.5.5/7.5.5.  I want to postpone that until after there's been some
shakeout of the texlive trees.

I've bundled the autoconf2.13 script from my build machine in the texk
directory, so you can get the configure scripts rebuilt without having
autoconf2.13 itself installed.  The rules in texk/make/config.mk use
the bundled script now.

Another change in this area is that I've applied some patches from
Peter Breitenlohner that make the autoconf scripts use a syntax that
is compatible with autoconf2.5x, making migration easier.  However,
certain files that would be necessary to run with autoconf2.5x are not
present, so the switchover itself cannot be made yet.  This is
deliberate.  Also note that Peter's patches were based on the teTeX
3.0 source tree, so not all sources in the TeX-live tree were updated.

To simplify updating the configure scripts, I've included a
reautoconf.texk in the top level.  Based on Peter's original (which
was inspired by teTeX's version, IIRC) I modified it to use the
bundled autoconf2.13 and to call /usr/bin/autoconf2.50 for those cases
where we know this version should be used.  Certain other trees are
not regenerated at all, in particular nothing under utils.

With the exception of dvipng (noted in another mail) everything seems
to configure and build fine at this point, though there are some
updmap complaints at the very end (vnr.map not found).

--
Olaf Weber