[tex-live] TL 2005 for testing

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jun 23 23:39:26 CEST 2005

Hi Lars,

(Sorry for the delayed reply.)

    I;ve just reinstalled my linux laptop so I need a new LaTeX
    installation.  I was woundering when the TL 2005 will be ready for
    testing?

We are trying to freeze the code and major package updates by July 1.
Optimistic, but it's a goal.

    I wouldn't mind testing an unstable version.

You can test what there is right now if you so desire:
  http://tug.org/texlive/devsrc/Images/test/

The AMS fonts and dvipdfmx aren't quite there yet, I hope to fix that
tomorrow or early next week.  There will also be a round of updates to
the code before the release.  But still, what's there should basically
be functional, other problem reports are definitely welcome.

Best,
Karl