[tex-live] cm fonts are a bit messed up

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 20 19:54:39 CEST 2005

    After the reshuffling it seems that some fonts are a bit messed up:

    pdflatex cannot find som efonts:
    Warning: pdflatex (file sfrm0800.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for

I don't believe this is related to the ams/etc. reshuffling, but rather
to my removing all of cm-super except the 10pt sizes.  I did this so
that the inst version could even come close to fitting on a CD.

Vladimir told me that with \usepackage{type1ec}, the 10pt fonts should
get scaled for all sizes and it should work out.  If you want the full
set of fonts, you'll have to get them from CTAN (or use Latin Modern,
maybe?).  Sorry.

I seem to remember removing all the non-10pt map file entries, but I see
that cm-super-*.map still have everything.  I'll look into that.