[tex-live] texmf-dist/aliases file removed from TL

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jun 1 01:14:48 CEST 2005

Well, since my earlier message garnered no response, I've taken the more
drastic step now of completely removing the texmf-dist aliases file.

(1) Many of the aliased files, such as uzdr.tfm, exist as actual files
    in TL, causing only confusion.

(2) The install*.sh scripts did not install aliases file last year.
    Therefore people who wholesale-copied the tree from the DVD got it,
    but people who used the install scripts didn't.  This inconsistency
    cannot be good.

Hope it flies ...