[tex-live] Re: Debian TeX live packages are ready for testing

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Jul 21 14:48:24 CEST 2005

On Don, 21 Jul 2005, Arne Jørgensen wrote:
> I'm now using the packages you uploaded this night.

2005-07-21-1 (resp one instance with -2)?

> One of the scripts in /etc/cron.daily discovered the following
> dangling symlinks from texlive-omega:

Ahhh, bingo. THnaks for this. Here dh_compress tricks me out.
Reason: When the package is built, there is a symlink
	odvicopy.1 -> dvicopy.1
Normally dh_compress respects symlinks in the sense that they are
renamed and `relinked' to the compressed file.

Alas, dvicopy.1.gz is distributed by another package, thus it is not
present when calling dh_compress, i.e. already then there is a dangling
symlink, which is not renamed and `relinked' accordingly.

If more things occur, please tell me, and thanks for your testing!

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018