[tex-live] new i386-linux binaries + iso image

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jul 7 23:19:39 CEST 2005

Finally, I've submitted new i386-linux binaries, and remade the ISO
image at ftp://tug.org/texlive/Images/test.

This includes pdftex 1.30.0-rc2, Olaf's new web2c/kpathsea stuff, and
the rest -- including new pool files (the bane of our existence).  I
don't know if these pool files match any of the Windows binary sets
Fabrice has released or not; Staszek (or anyone), can you try it, please?
I rather suspect we will have to have separate pool files, which will
not be fun.

Norbert already submitted alpha-linux binaries.  Could the rest of the
architecture-building volunteers give it a whirl?  I'm sure there will
be plenty of problems to figure out.  Here's the rest of the list I've
got from last year:

 i386_64-linux				Tigran (1jul04)
 i386-freebsd (i386 FreeBSD)		Manfred
 i386-openbsd (i386 OpenBSD)		Sebastian
 mips-irix (SGI IRIX)			Olaf
 powerpc-aix (IBM RS/6000 AIX)		Vladimir
 sparc-solaris (Sun Sparc Solaris)	Vladimir/Maksym [gcc 331]
 sparc64-linux (Sparc Linux)		Vladimir

(Vladimir/Maksym, I strongly suggest building the sparc-solaris binaries
without optimization, since we've had soooo many bug reports about them
in the past.  export CFLAGS=-g; Build should do this as well as we can,
ie, for most of the programs.)

Thanks,
Karl