[tex-live] Re: TeXlive for Debian - upload to experimental

Rogério Brito rbrito at ime.usp.br
Thu Dec 22 20:16:56 CET 2005

Dear All (and Norbert and Klaus in particular),

On Dec 22 2005, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Furthermore, ppower has also been removed as it contains a jar file
> without sources. There is an ITP [4] and I hope the maintainer can get
> the java sources and build a proper Debian package.
(...)
> [4] ITP ppower4
>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/12/msg00052.html

Just as a data point, today I received some feedback from Klaus Guntermann
(upstream maintainer of ppower4) and he told me that he is busy this end
of year.

I think, on the other hand, that we could collaboratively (read: using
Subversion) put the sources of ppower4 into alioth, say, and work on it
there, if Klaus thinks that there are points that can be improved in the
source code.

This way, we would have one package that I (and actually, quite a lot of
friends) use for presentations packaged in Debian.

What do you think of this? Opinions are quite welcome.

Thanks, Rogério Brito.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito at ime.usp.br : http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito
Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/