[tex-live] Request: more paper sizes

Michel Bovani michel.bovani at numericable.fr
Sun Aug 28 22:07:45 CEST 2005

Le 28/08/2005 15:17, Karl Berry a dit :
>     Could we have more paper sizes in the delivered settings for dvips,
>     pdftex etc? E.g. b5 etc?
>
> dvips's config.ps includes:
>
> @ A4size 210mm 297mm
> @ letterSize 8.5in 11in
> @ letter 8.5in 11in
> @ legal 8.5in 14in
> @ ledger 17in 11in
> @ tabloid 11in 17in
> @ a6 105mm 148mm
> @ a5 148mm 210mm
> @ a4 210mm 297mm
> @ a3 297mm 420mm
> @ b6 128mm 182mm
> @ b5 182mm 257mm
> @ b4 257mm 364mm
> @ b3 364mm 515mm
> @ unknown 0in 0in
>
> Can't speak to pdftex and dvipdfm[x].

In fact, as pdftex is a tex engine that contains its own driver, it is a
nonsense to have several paper size external options. Of course there is
a default which is defined with the \pdfpagewidth/height primitives (in
pdftexconfig.tex). But the good way is to set \pdfpagewidth/height at
user level.

hyperref automatically sets their values (\pdfpagewidth=\paperwidth
\pdfpageheight=paperheight at begin-doc) : so if you call hyperref the
pdf file dimensions are made coherent with the latex page dimensions if
setted). I think the geometry package will do it too (provided it is
able to recognize the pdftex engine :-)))

If you don't call hyperref you have just to say yourself
\pdfpagewidth=\paperwidth \pdfpageheight=paperheight

hth

--
Michel Bovani