[tex-live] Problem with T1 encoding and Type1 fonts

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Fri Aug 26 18:20:54 CEST 2005

"WL" == Werner LEMBERG writes:

 WL> I wonder whether we shall create a fourth texmf tree (besides
 WL> `texmf', `texmf-dist', and `texmf-doc'), say, `texmf-dvd', which
 WL> holds extra stuff not available on the CD release due to space
 WL> limitations.  This would be the right place for the missing
 WL> cm-super and cbgreek PFB files, bold CJK fonts, etc, etc.

that sounds great - we can safely omit huge packages such as cm-super
and full cb-greek from the TeX Live "CD version", and put it to only
to "DVD version".

and in case of CD version it is better to not include cm-super at all
than to include a cut-down version to avoid confusion with mixed
Type 1 and PK fonts.

Best,
v.