[tex-live] Problem with T1 encoding and Type1 fonts

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Aug 25 15:22:09 CEST 2005

     RN> The mixing of .pfb and .pk in the current version is not
     RN> acceptable!

Complete agreement.

When we discussed reducing the cm-super in TL, I was simply ignorant
that cm-super was used for any EC usage by default, so that
straightforward documents like your example ended up using cm-super
Type1's.  I guess it was too obvious for anyone to think to mention.

Vladimir, I do not see any fundamental reason why Latin Modern cannot be
used.  That was the basic thrust all along.  It is not necessary that
a separate Type 1 be available at every size.

If someone else can investigate the details, that would be great.
Otherwise, I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Thanks,
karl