[tex-live] XGrabServer

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Sat Aug 20 15:47:19 CEST 2005

"GW" == Gerben Wierda writes:

 >>> the TeXLive source in the p4 repository because I have no
 >>> reliable automake setup
 >>>
 >>  - you could run the link command with copy/paste and add the link
 >> commands directly from your shell
 >>
 >> - you could edit the generated Makefile
 >>
 >> This kind of troubleshooting is not what automake is for...

 GW> I know, but the point is that the next time I resync with the p4
 GW> repository and reconfigure, my Makefile is overwritten. I
 GW> therefore need a solution that is in the p4 repository, not one
 GW> that is overwritten every time I update the sources and thus that
 GW> adds to my maintenance complexity.

this (adding --trace-symbol options to the linker) is not a solution
to that problem - it is a debug measure which is intended to debug the
problem which you have.

therefore it is a one-time-only thing which may help to understand
what is going wrong in your setup. it does not need to be put into p4
repository.

Best,
v.