[tex-live] updmap.cfg (and fmtutil.cnf)

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Sep 14 13:39:47 CEST 2004

I think there is a layout-inconsistency here in TeX Live. The tool
fmtutil is installed like the tool updmap from the Makefile in
texk/tetex, but fmtutil.cnf is installed from texk/web2c and updmap.cfg
is not installed at all.

I think it would be cleanest if fmtutil.cnf and updmap.cfg should be
installed from texk/tetex's Makefile in combination with the tools
(fmtutil and updmap), but I can live with any fix that makes the
install work in a clean environment.