[tex-live] Re: Re: Aleph versioning

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Sep 2 09:57:30 CEST 2004

Olaf Weber wrote:

>Giuseppe Bilotta writes:
>

>>IMO it's more cleaner to have the hyphens in the banner rather
>>than in the version_strings.
>>

>I'd rather not mess with the e-TeX soucres myself, so I'll contact
>Peter about that.

Talking about version numbers and revisions, is there a reason why

\eTeXrevision has a period in it, like .2

Hardly useful, that period (well, it means that one can test for

  \ifnum\eTeXversion\eTeXrevision pt>2.2pt

or

  \ifnum\eTeXrevision pt>.2pt

but in that case \eTeXversion could have been 2.2 -)

A consistent versioning system among etex pdftex aleph etc would make sense

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE