[tex-live] TEXINPUTS problem

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Oct 19 00:13:56 CEST 2004

    Note that TeX-live (and even teTeX) may be in a position to make
    assumptions about the texmf trees that web2c cannot make.

True.

    So, the question is: what shall be in TL's sources, my settings or Olaf's?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I have the impression that Gerben is
the only person actually using the texmf.cnf from the TL source tree.
TL itself doesn't use it, we have our own, hand-maintained, in the
Master tree.  Thomas doesn't use it, he has his own private sources.

If this is true, then I think it would be logical to make the source
texmf.in's be whatever Gerben wants.

We could keep the web2c texmf.in's as texmf.in-web2c or some such, for
the sake of documentation/use by others.  Ditto teTeX, if teTeX's files
need to be different than gwTeX's.

How does that sound?

Best,
karl

P.S. Does Jonathan know about the OTFFONTS vs. OPENTYPEFONTS name
difference, so these can be reconciled going forward?